Monday, December 20, 2010

Kobe Beef Burger@Chefusion Green Bay, Wi

Located on the corner of main and Broadway I stumble about an eatery that provided valet parking in an area where it's uncanny of that service, so curious as I am I made my way inside. I was greeted with low ambient lighting and happy faces, fainted distant chatter in background seems kinda eerie actually. The aroma in there is very clean and pleasing, the room seems to be made all of wood.

I've made my way upstairs where I was told the bar was located, waited patiently at the bar for vacant seat, the atmosphere was busy, people minding there own business enjoying their dinner. The place was packed to the gills, many dressed up very elegantly for the occasion, apparently I did not get the memo, nonetheless I grabbed a seat at the bar and was greeted by a vibrant jolly ole bartender. He handed me the menu and went to retrieved my Heineken($4). As I gazed into the very well prepared and artistic menu I noticed a formal and casual menu. Of course with my budget I proceed to browse the casual selections. I've noticed one dish that caught my eye in particular, it was the Kobe beef burger($8). Wow I said to myself, such a great price for an intricate dish. I slapped my menu down instantly on the the glossy hard oak bar and said to the bartender, " I want this dish"! "Great choice" he says as I noticed a smirk on his pale white face despite the low lighting.

Waiting patiently for my dish we begin to spark a low key conversation..a way to kill time with the anticipation of trying my first Kobe beef. No longer than 15mins my crown jewel arrived despite how busy they were. My first impression was wow, a burger looking like the Picasso accompany by stringly fried potatoes. As I took my first bite I gazed up into the dark wood oak ceiling in a hypnotic state and thought for a moment there I was in heaven. The burger was cooked to a perfect succulent juicy medium rare. The taste of the beef is so tender and fresh, more like a cross between a buffalo and cow, in other words a beefalo if you will. Nicely crusted on the outside and juicy on the inside, there was no ketchup needed, only the assistant of the fresh herbs, tomatoes and onions. It was no burger I've ever tasted and if you know me well enough I don't gaga over burgers. The string fried potatoes added great texture with every bite I take. Salt and pepper is all you need while the meat does the rest to stimulate your tongue into a world of culinary ecstasy.

If you happen to be in Green Bay I highly recommend the Kobe beef burger, it cost as much as regular restaurant burgers. For those who have deep pockets one can also browse the formal menu but the casual menu does offer many exquisite dishes at third class prices. I would say this is the best dish I ate in Green Bay this year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment